Monday, November 30, 2009

13.1 Miles

Well, it is official. I am signed up for the Indy 500 Mini-Marathon and most likely the half marathon in Nashville, TN by now thanks to my good friend, Nicole. So, what would possess me to do this type of insane thing? Multiple reasons are to blame. One of which is below.

I found this as I have been going through old pictures. You see that...me at 21. Me after a summer in St. Louis on an internship. Me at one of the skinniest times of my life. Why was I skinny? Well, for the girls in the picture I am sure they will remember some of my stomach issues. But, a big reason, I exercised.


So, I am taking drastic measures to get back to the leaner body. Now I just need to shed another 35 pounds and get my lung capacity up. I need support both emotionally and physically. I am sure this will also be a religious experience for the ages as well. God and I will be talking on a regular basis as I run. I will keep you up to date on my progress. Pray for me. Better yet, pray for Matt. You all know how well I like pain!

No comments: