Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Weekend was Full of Treats

Growing up, I didn't celebrate Halloween. I wasn't raised in some weird religion either. Let's remember, I am Lutheran. My parents viewed Halloween as the devil's holiday and didn't want to acknowledge the devil in anyway, shape or form. Therefore, we could only participate in harvest or fall parties and activities. Now, there were a few years my mom slapped some clown makeup on us or we put on redneck farmer clothes. We went to Grandma's house and she loaded us up. But, for the most part, it was pumpkin carving, bonfires, and a little ghost in graveyard when the parents weren't paying attention.

With the Beyer children, I have let their little imaginations pretend to be something on Halloween. For the first few years, I chose for them. This year, they both vocalized what they wanted. Brady was very specific. He wanted to be the blue Batman with muscles. OK...and for the record Target doesn't sell any blue Batmans. Maddie just simply wanted Cinderella. So I found the costumes online and got them with three weeks to spare. Yes, me, three weeks earlier.


Last night, I had a girls night out with my good friend, Tiffany, whom I worked with at Farm Bureau. So, I got to go eat at Euphoria downtown and go to the Pacers game. And I got to sit about 12 feet from Larry Bird. Matt got to carve pumpkins. It probably was a good thing I wasn't there. From what I have heard, Brady had a paring knife and the pumpkin was his victim.





Maddie passed out after it was all over. Crayon in hand and everything.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE the costumes and very impressed with the 3 wk timeline.